In my opinion, holidays are some of the best reasons to scrapbook. The decorations, the family that arrives to help celebrate, the food, all of these are wonderful reasons to take pictures that you can then use to put on scrapbook pages.
And, of course, it’s fun to look for lots of interesting things to add to your Thanksgiving scrapbook pages too.
Here are some great ideas for creating Thanksgiving scrapbook pages…
Thanksgiving Scrapbook Page Ideas
1. Have a family member or friend take pictures of you making the Thanksgiving meal, then you can journal about it and add this along with the pictures to a scrapbook page that is all about making the meal.
2. Consider creating an entire scrapbook of family Thanksgiving recipes. This of course is a longer project than just one page, but it can be a wonderful way to pass on the recipes from your mother and grandmother to your children.
3. Create a scrapbook page around the theme of things that you are thankful for. The nice thing about this is while you can use cute little Thanksgiving stamps, stickers and such, you don’t really have to, and it can leave you open to be a bit more creative.
4. Utilize free sources of goodies for Thanksgiving scrapbook pages. For example, About.com has some great Thanksgiving tags with all sorts of fun stuff. In addition, there is also a blank tag template there if you want to add your own artwork and such.
5. Make a scrapbook page for your child dressed up for Thanksgiving or on stage at their school’s production. Many elementary schools have children dress up as pilgrims and Native Americans. This can be a great way to preserve these memories.
6. Have each member of the family make their own Thanksgiving scrapbook page, and then put all the pages together in a family scrapbook that you can look at for years to come.This is a great way to help teach your children the habit of being thankful for what they have.
7. Consider going for a walk and looking for items to add to your Thanksgiving scrapbook pages such as feathers, seeds, pebbles, and beautiful colored Fall leaves to name a few.
8. Raid your photo collection and find older photos that have a Fall and Thanksgiving theme. These can be a great way to not only preserve these photos, but to share precious memories with others.
There are many ways to organize and create Thanksgiving scrapbook pages, these are just a few ideas to get you started!
Thanksgiving Scrapbook Page Gallery