In writing about our personal experiences, we sometimes mention products or services that we use or recommend. This page may contain affiliate links for which we receive a commission.
Tonight I’ll be out with a girlfriend to celebrate her birthday.
So I came up with another quick Birthday card idea.
My girlfriend is a little bit sassy, so I thought a card with a retro-look would fit her perfectly.
How To Make This Card
Remember that you can stamp images on black (or any other dark) cardstock if you heat emboss with a light colored opaque embossing powder. The image really pops off the cardstock, and it adds some additional dimension to the card.
This card was made using the following supplies:
- Cardstock – Stampin’ Up Whisper White, Basic Black, Green Galore
- Ink – VersaMark (white embossed), Stampin’ Up Basic Black, Green Galore
- Stamps – Stampin’ Up Sweet Spot, On the Spot, Terrific Tags Punch Set
- Ribbon – Stampin’ Up Apple Green Grosgrain
- Extras – Round Metal Clip
I love Stampin’ Up products and use them whenever I can. You can certainly use any other products to make this card. Just use the idea and make it your own!
More Retro Birthday Card Ideas
Cardmaking is my jam! I enjoy using rubber stamps and scrapbooking materials to make my own homemade cards. I use Stampin' Up products for a lot of my cards.