Send a bouquet of flowers to your favorite Valentine!
I love cards that have stamped images colored by hand.
It takes time, and as soon as I see it I know it took some time to do.
How To Make This Card
Hint: If you’re going to use watercolor pencils or blender pens to color your image, emboss it first! It eliminates the smearing that can happen, and keeps lines crisp and sharp.
Here are the supplies used on this Valentine’s Day card:
- Cardstock – Stampin’ Up Eggplant Envy, Rose Romance, Whisper White
- Ink – VersaMark and black embossing powder for the image, Stampin’ Up Rose Romance for the ‘love’ tag
- Stamp Sets – Stampin’ Up Send a Celebration, Noteworthy
- Markers – Stampin Up’ Mellow Moss, Blush Blossom, Lovely Lilac, Rose Red, Close to Cocoa
- Ribbon – Stampin Up’ Eggplant Grosgrain
- Extras – Small white tag, pewter brad
I love Stampin’ Up products and use them whenever I can. You can certainly use any other products to make this card. Just use the idea and make it your own!
Other DIY Valentine Cards
I live in Brentwood, Tennessee and write about fun things to see & do there. I also enjoy using rubber stamps and scrapbooking materials to make my own cards. I use Stampin’ Up products for a lot of my handmade cards.